Carat, simply put, refers to the weight of a diamond.
Did you know tidbits like this about diamonds? Does buying diamond jewellery give you the jitters? Well, no need to be hazzled anymore! We are here with a line-up of infos about diamonds and diamond carats.
Who doesn’t love diamonds right? But, there are so many parameters and details you gotta remember and evaluate while buying it, that it can end up being tedious. But, not anymore. We have simplified the so-called ‘instruction manual’ one needs to know while buying diamonds and reduced it to ten simple pointers.
Read on, for everything you need to know about diamonds and the carats it comes along in:
1. The weight of the diamond is measured in Carats.
1 Carat = 0.2 gram, 50 cents = 0.5 Carat. Just about the weight of a paper clip.
2. Higher carat diamonds would be larger and more expensive than lower carat diamonds which would be smaller.
3. Diamonds that are less than 1Carat (Ct) are expressed in cents.
For example: A 50 cent diamond is 0.5 Carat.
4. It is interesting to know that larger diamonds are increasingly rarer than smaller diamonds, and the price goes up increasingly higher.
5. A diamond carat, though sounds similar, is different from a gold ‘Karat’, which refers to the purity of gold.
6. As carat weight increases, you will typically pay more not only in total but on a price per carat basis as well.
7. This means that a 3Ct diamond would be a lot more expensive than a 1Ct diamond, and not just 3 times.
8. Note that when carat weight triples, from 1 carat to 3 carats, the perceived size roughly triples as well.
9. However, the diameter of the diamond could increase only by 45%, as the larger diamond could have more depth.
10. Finally, whichever carat size of diamond you pick for your jewellery, Melorra promises certification by the best and assures of its authenticity.
Still confused. Watch this video on carats for better clarity
While we are here, do check out the descriptive guide on what questions to ask yourself while buying diamond jewellery!
Now, that you know everything about diamond carats – check out diamond jewellery here.